Blue Sky
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolfman's Forum

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wolfman's Forum is open. Anyone may register.
A new fat Header Image has been imported to the forum. Make it feel welcome by clicking on it to access the main forum menu.
One flea said to the other flea... I'll bet my dog can beat up your dog.

Roswell City Year Round Fair

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolfman
Admin
Wolfman

Roswell City Year Round Fair Empty
PostSubject: Roswell City Year Round Fair   Roswell City Year Round Fair EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Don't forget, this is MY forum. It's just me an a few friends. So be nice or I'll ban you forever.

When I was allowed to work on RCYRF, I was honored to work alongside friends. They're not the biggest
and the best builders in the community. But they were, and still considered friends. I saw what they had
done and I could see so much greater can come out of this collaberation. I decided that I was going to put
the park through a major transformation that would open the park up to new areas for development for others.

Let's start the tour up at the front gate...

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell01

Before I came aboard, the original structures were these... The green & white building, the remote controlled bumper
boats, the multicolored gate structure and the wooden coaster (by Luketh) and enclosed queue & station. The rest of
the area was reworked and gardens put in. Even the path from the map edge had been reworked and reorganized, keeping
the basic elements that was original. The Monorail station and the food court within, (I even had to move the ENTIRE structure
one tile over to keep from running into the gate structure.) I even created the custom supports for the monorail throughout the
park, and various final foliage & gardens were pretty much all my contributions to the park's entrance.

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell02

The Park's name in the flowerbed was another contribution. It filled a long strip of empty land and
made the whole area brighter with a unique, colorful and large garden. (It's one of my signature elements,
to put a rainbow of color in the gardens.) I covered the queue of the existing orange Enterprise, and gave it a
retro look to the entrance. I added a sister attraction, the tilted whirler in the blue structure. The multi-colored
tent houses a large food court, with entrances from three directions. The staggered gardens that run down the midway
were made to block peeps from walking in circles and getting lost on a four tile wide path, while injecting some much needed
foliage to reduce the stark nakedness of a blank midway. To the right is a spiral slide, part of the "Great American Midway", that we'll see later.

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell03

Here are the Micheal Jackson props I made that K0NG can't let go of. He makes it out that this is all I did in the entire park,
but that's misleading. I did so much more for RCYRF and all he did was crash his computer with it. Some accomplishement on
his part. Most noteworthey in fact to have his name associated with it when there's nothing of his work actually IN the park.
If you forget to clock in at your job and you put in a full days work, and you don't clock out, do you get paid? I wouldn't think so.

Actually, the Micheal Jackson Tribute is not a very large area of the park really. But he likes to make it sound like that's all
that's here. And that's really unfair. There's a LOT more than he bothers to give me credit for. Too bad he can't follow his own
advice, water under the bridge. The more he complains about my technique, the more he sounds jelous of my style. Dam Dirty Ape.

Anyway, the black & white bumper boats is an attraction that took a while to create. Next to that, is what I like to call
the lightning bolt sign I made for STUNNER built by LDW, and reworked the queue and created a really nice enclosed
structure for it. The large part of the structure that encloses the station is part of the original LDW design.

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell04

Downtown area was a big project. I took a ghost train and load it through four different structures. The Micheal Jackson
Colluseum and it's lower wing,"The Sweet Stuff" Bakery (with food court) and an industrial themed night club with a 3D
theater inside, to compose a mainstreet theme. I like my structures to be multi-purpose, so there's more than just one
thing going on inside. I'll show you a "See-Through Scenery" shot. The wooden roofed structure is a tropical themed
beach club food court... "Tropico Joe's". The small blue & white structure is an info kiosk enclosure, theres a twister and
two top spin attractions positioned face-to-face. Including street lamps, sidewalks, traffic signals, and even a leaky fire hydrant.

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell10

With & without scenery.

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell11

===================================================================
BTW: Someone "conveniently" lost the soundtrack to the entire "Thriller" video I created/edited for the
colluseum. But because he's been so vocal on how much he hates MJ. I can only assume I know who it is.
===================================================================

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell12

Just look at the back of these buildings. Utilities service entrance areas, dumpsters, even air conditioning units and
ductwork on the roofs. Amazing what K0NG "forgets" about. You don't see this kind of detail in any other park.

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell13

At the far end of the downtown area, is a mansion. This houses the stations for "Thriller". A small floorless beemer.
Across the midway is the second station for the suspended monorail. And you can just catch a sliver of the structure
for Greez'd Lighnin' (a LIM Launched Coaster) at the top edge of the image. But you'll get a better look later.

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell08

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell05

Here's Greez'd Lightnin' the LIM launced coaster. The custom supports were a bite. But I kept at it until it was done.
I like seeing a project through until it's complete. Even if I have to start over and rebuild from scratch.

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell06

The Roswell Excelletron. The tracks are built through a series of raised land tiles, so you get a sort of wooshing sound,
like hearing it through a picket fence. I've never seen this technique used in any other park. It's interesting to listen to though.
Wo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-sh! It brings a whole new audio demention to an attraction nobody likes anymore. C'ept for parts.

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell07

A neat zig-zag style portion of the midway. It's covered with jumping fountains, because I like them.
The aqua colored arc fences sort of imitate the curve of the jumping fountains. I thought that was cool.

Roswell City Year Round Fair Roswell09

The Great American Midway, is pretty much a collection of kiddie rides. It could of been added to also,
in the empty lot on the other side of the suspended monorail. There was plenty of room for expansion.
Back to top Go down
http://bluesky.niceboards.net

Roswell City Year Round Fair
Page 1 of 1